A Curse So Dark And Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer



Book - A Curse So Dark & Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer

Genre - Retelling / Fantasy 

Pages - 476

My rating - 🌟🌟🌟🌟

A curse so dark and lonely is a retelling of the world famous book "Beauty and the Beast", and this was my first book of this particular genre and I'm happy that I started with this book. It deserves all the hype and praise its receiving and can be appreciated since it provides a fresh take on an old classic.

While reading this book, I kept on comparing it with the 'Beauty and the Beast' & it didn't affect my judgement. The writing style of the author is very breezy and she adds depth to each and every character which I really liked. 

The plot is appropriately paced and is quite fast and edgy. The amalgamation  of fantasy, reality, royalty and technology is entertaining. The feminist attitude potrayed by Belle is retained in the protagonist Harper, even though she suffers from Cerebral Palsy . The Curse still plays a pivotal role of how Rhen (The Prince) and Harper meet. 

Another important character Grey is added to the storyline and this character has become my personal favourite even though he may seem to be a side-kick. 

People who like to read fantasy/retellings/ thrillers will definitely like this one .
It's one of the bestsellers of this year and I'm eagerly waiting for it's sequel.

To buy this book at the cheapest price in India, click on the following links:
https://www.amazon.in/Curse-So-Dark-Lonely/dp/1408884615/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_2?crid=3K2ZSTNWN1SRR&keywords=a+curse+so+dark+%26+lonely&qid=1557045136&s=gateway&sprefix=a+curse+%2Caps%2C122&sr=8-2-fkmrnull


  

Comments

Popular Posts