The Queen of Jasmine Country by Sharanaya Manivannan







Book : The Queen of Jasmine Country by Sharanaya Manivannan

Genre: Literary Fiction 

Pages : 156 pages 

This book is about a lot of things and from what I perceived it's about devotion, womanhood, desire, sexuality, faith, mythology, religion, societal customs and so much more .

The story follows journey of an orphaned girl and how she becomes a woman who wants to understand the world around her and wants to be loved and how she devotes her self to finding love on her own terms. 

I really loved how vividly nature was intercalated in the story . All that landscape with different flora was very serene.

I'm in no place to judge a book which deals with topics such as how much devotion a person can exuberate towards a deity as I'm more of an atheist so I couldn't critique this book from that angle and there certain issues which were beyond my comprehension too . 

The book has a lot of details about Hindu Gods and their tales and festivals celebrated across India in their honour.

The writing style of the author is something which amazed me a lot because it's so fluid and mesmerizing, it makes me want to pick up more of her works because I couldn't guess where she was going to take the story next 


To buy this book at the cheapest price in India, click on the following link:
https://www.amazon.in/Queen-Jasmine-Country-Sharanya-Manivannan/dp/935302384X

Comments

Popular Posts